Saturday 2 January 2010

The Mast Blogs: Title Amendment/Get Excited, People.

Welcome to 2010, and welcome to The Mast*; because fact into doubt won't work!

FIRST: The title of retro reviews will no longer be The Mast Goes Retro; it's too tricky trying to define what's old and what's old enough to be called a retro reviews. So, I will be titling them as The Mast Looks Back, colon, whatever it is I'm reviewing.

NOW, the good stuff...

This is just a quick update and prod to all of you who have been vaguely interested in what I say and wish to join me in what looks to be an amazing year for comics (All of you being hypothetical since nobody leaves COMMENTS. I'll cut you).

As you all know - unless you're squares that don't rigorously keep up with all the ins and outs of comic news - Siege is almost upon us!

Marvel's 2010, Bendis-helmed mega-event puts out issue #1 of 4 this month. As you can imagine, I am incredibly excited. In honour of this, I figured I'd do some promoting. I bring you wallpapers and mini-posters for the visual art-inclined amongst you to get excited over. Do what you will with them!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost

Wallpaper 1:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost

Wallpaper 2:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost

Wallpaper 3:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost

Unrelated to Siege, but fun:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost

Edit that to suit your own needs. I did. Except I AM a member of The Avengers for realsies.

The first two wallpapers and the I.D. card are courtesy of Hidden Robot.

Additionally, because I am so good to all of you and you can't always access Welcome to the Mast or contact me:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost

That, for those of you thinking of getting into this saga, is a checklist of ALL the comics that will contain the story of Siege; minor or major tie-ins alike. If you need help separating the minor from the major due to money constraints, by all means leave me a comment.

Again, if anyone wishes to be brought up to speed on the events before Siege, allowing for a smoother new-fan transition, leave me a comment. That or you can check out The Marvel Comics Database.

I'm so excited for this, guys. The best part is that Siege #1 is only SIX days away! The very first edition of Thursday's Comics will contain Siege #1! It's such a big deal that I might save it for Friday...we'll see. You've got SIX days (Five if you live in Europe), so make sure you don't miss this!

Until then, peace!

*By the way, The Mast is myself and the name of the blog. Hence me welcoming you to it in the title of the blog. Sorry for the confusion, you fools. Fools I've not felt since...

-The Mast

2 comments:

Matt said...

That last Siege one with what looks like a big castle/palace crashing into a town looks SICK!!!
Additionally....please don't cut me.

The Mast said...

Indeed it does!

Ahh, it seems the threats work! Duly noted.

-The Mast