Monday 28 December 2009

The Mast Blogs: An Important Occasion.

This is just a quick update.

My massive end-of-year post will be a two-part epic. The first part, Comics Awards, will be posted on the 30th of December. The second and final part, Music Awards, will be posted on New Year's Eve (The 31st). I did this so that people can read and digest one post at a time as they'e quite big.

Secondly and most importantly:



Happy 87th birthday to Stan "The Man" Lee!

If it were not for you, this blog would not exist. Fact.

The characters you created/co-created have changed my life beyond reversal. They have enhanced and enriched my existence on this planet and I simply cannot say it better than Bendis did: "I'll never be able to thank you enough.".

Seriously, I can't pay enough respect to you and how much you changed my life with your characters. You're a true legend.

It saddens me to be reminded that he's 87, especially when you consider the inevitable conclusion that awaits us all near that age. I don't know what I'll do with myself when that happens...

For now, let's all pay our respects to the man on this day of celebration.

Thank you, Stan Lee.

-The Mast

No comments: